London has an enormous and eclectic range of department stores and smaller shops to visit and is THE place for luxury shopping. Take a look at just some of the stores you could be visited on our London Shopping tours:
- Harrods. With a name that is known the world over, it sells everything from high end designer wear to food to pets; indeed, one of the many specialist services Harrods offers is bespoke dog coat fitting. Harrods also boasts 20 restaurants and its world-famous food hall where you can shop for luxury hampers and wine.
- Dover Street Market in Mayfair is the place to go for luxury labels like Alexander McQueen, St. Laurent and Dior to name but a small selection of what you can find in this stylish six-floor emporium.
- Fortnum & Mason. The official grocer to Her Majesty the Queen, this quintessential English food store is a purveyor of the most indulgent foodstuffs, teas and specialist hampers.
- Liberty. Another of London’s most iconic and long-established stores, Liberty was traditionally a purveyor of fine haberdashery and now offers a host of designer names like Vivienne Westwood, Chloé and Dries Van Noten.
- Selfridges. Founded in 1906 this has everything from High Street to high couture, plus a fine selection of artisan food and drink.
- Fenwick of Bond Street. Take advantage of a personal shopper for a bespoke shopping experience then have one of Fenwick’s professional nail technicians pamper you with a high quality manicure.
- Harvey Nichols. You can easily spend a whole day in this world-famous Knightsbridge store. It has everything – designer fashion, fine dining and to die for beauty products.
London is the hub of specialist and quirky boutiques, many of which are well worth a visit and you may find some unique and innovative items to remind you of your visit in:
- Alice Through The Looking Glass. This is a wonderful bazaar of Alice in Wonderland-themed items and a fabulous place to grab a unique souvenir.
- Cornelissen & Son. Founded in 1855 and still very much unchanged this is an art-lover’s paradise.
- House of Hackney Gallery. Showcases some of the best quality British-made lifestyle must-haves.
Whatever type of shopping you like to do, you’re sure to find something you love on a London Shopping tour!