Update 3rd August
At British Tours, our clients’ welfare is our top priority and we want you and our guides to be able to tour with confidence. All our tours are privately guided just for your group, and we have produced the following guidelines to increase safety on all tours by vehicle and by foot.
1) All our drivers, guides and driver-guides will be required to wear face masks whilst inside the car and we would ask clients to do the same.
2) The front seat of the vehicle will be kept empty. In our large car category, we will only take 2 people, so that they are able to distance. For parties of 3, a larger car will be available at no extra cost.
3) Hand sanitiser will be available in all cars, although we would strongly suggest that clients bring their own to avoid contamination and for use out of the car.
4) After each party, the cars will be thoroughly cleaned.
5) Where possible windows will be kept open rather than using air-conditioning.
6) Guide will maintain government recommended social distancing whilst on walks or guiding historic sites.
7) As attractions begin to open, they will be implementing various safety regulations. Our guides will adhere to these and ensure our clients are fully aware of these
8) Our guides know the areas that we tour intimately and are best placed at avoiding crowded areas and knowing all the ‘quiet little back streets’.
9) We will be introducing the optional use of a contactless radio system through an app which clients can download which will enable our clients to be able to be able to listen to the guide's commentary at a distance. Clients will require to have their cell phone with them and will require data switched on.
10) We are offering an increased number of London Walks and Rambling tours.
Our top priority is the safety of our clients and guides, and we will follow all Government guidelines and reduce risks as far as we possibly can.
Everyone at British Tours is looking forward to welcoming our clients once again and are confident that we can provide a safe and welcoming touring environment going forward.
The British Tours team
25 June 2020
Below: Rainbow at Stonehenge from British Tours guide Geoff on Instagram