Update 3rd August
Your welfare is our top priority, and we want you and our guides to be able to tour with confidence. All of our tours are privately guided just for your group. We have also produced the following guidelines to increase safety on all tours, by vehicle and by foot.
1) All our drivers, guides and driver-guides will be required to wear face masks whilst inside the car and we would ask you to do the same.
2) The front seat of the vehicle will be kept empty. In our large car category, we will only take 2 people, so that they are able to distance. For parties of 3, a larger car will be available at no extra cost.
3) Hand sanitiser will be available in all cars, although we would strongly suggest that you also bring your own for additional use out of the car.
4) After each tour, the cars will be thoroughly cleaned.
5) Where possible, windows will be kept open rather than using air-conditioning.
6) Guides will maintain government recommended social distancing whilst on walks or guiding at historic sites.
7) As attractions begin to open, they will be implementing various safety regulations. Our guides will adhere to these.
8) Our guides know the areas that we tour intimately and can take the quiet back streets avoiding crowded areas.
9) We will be introducing the optional use of a contactless radio system through an app which you can download, which will enable you to listen to the guide's commentary at a distance.
10) We are offering an increased number of London Walks and Rambling tours.
Our top priority is your and our guides' safety. We will follow all Government guidelines and reduce risks as far as we possibly can.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again and are confident that we can provide a safe and welcoming touring environment going forward.
The British Tours team
August 3rd 2020
Below: Stonehenge from our guide Geoff on Instagram