Day Tours & Trips from London
Travel at the pace and time that suits you to the places that interest you most with your own personal tour guide.
Your personal London Tour Guide will collect you by car from any location in central London; please contact us if you’d like to be collected outside central London.
From London we cover many of England's best loved sights - the prehistoric wonder of Stonehenge, the glorious Cotswolds with its rolling hills and pretty villages, the Roman City of Bath and the ancient University Cities of Oxford & Cambridge. You can also visit some of the hidden gems of England listed under Stately Homes, Castles & Gardens.
If there is somewhere that you'd like to visit that isn't listed, please let us know - our tours are flexible.
Why choose British Tours?
British Tours is Britain's original and most experienced private tour operator - established in 1958, we are still under the same management.
What Does it Cost ?
Prices are per party not per person and include your guide, car, petrol and tax but not entrance fees * where applicable or meals - usually in a good pub that our guide will recommend depending on your location at lunchtime.
* Save on entrance fees with a Sightseeing Pass
Your choice depends on the number of people travelling:
Medium - 1 to 2 passengers
Large - 3 to 4 passengers
Extra Large - 5 to 6 passengers
Minibus - more than 6 passengers
Cars are modern comfortable 4 door saloons. Extra Large vehicles are people carriers such as Ford Galaxies or Toyota Previas. Please contact us if you would like a deluxe vehicle - Jaguar, Mercedes or BMW.
How to Book
You can book many of our tours online. Alternatively, British Tours is situated in Mayfair, the centre of London and our offices are open 7 days a week. You are welcome to visit us for a personal consultation, or contact us toll free, by fax or email. Contact details
French, German, Spanish and Italian, £30 extra per half day. All other languages including Russian, Japanese & Chinese £160 extra for up to 4hrs, £250 for 5 to 9 hours, £40 extra thereafter.
- Archaeology Tour of Wessex 10 hrs
- Bath and Stonehenge 10 hrs
- Bath Tour 8 hrs
- Bath, Stonehenge & Salisbury Tour 11 hrs
- Brighton & Arundel Castle 9 hrs
- Cambridge Tour 5 hrs
- Canterbury Cathedral & Leeds Castle Tour 8 hrs
- Castles, Gardens & Stately Homes 5 and 9 hrs
- Chartwell & Leeds Castle 9 hrs
- Constable Country 9 hrs
- Cotswolds Tour 9 hrs
- Hampton Court Palace Tour 4 hrs
- Harry Potter Tour 8 hrs
- Imperial War Museum Duxford 9 hrs
- Leeds Castle, Canterbury & Dover 10 hrs
- London to Brussels Tour 1 Day
- London to Paris Tour by Eurostar 1 Day
- Normandy by Private Plane from London 1 Day
- Overnight Normandy from London 2 Days
- Oxford Tour 5 hrs
- Oxford Walk 2 hrs
- Oxford, Blenheim Palace & Windsor 9 hrs
- Salisbury, Winchester & Stonehenge Tour 9 hrs
- Shakespeare Tour 9 hrs
- Stonehenge at Sunrise or Sunset 6 hrs
- Stonehenge Tour 7 hrs
- Stratford & Warwick Castle Tour 10 hrs
- Thames Valley Tour 5 and 7 hrs
- Windsor & Hampton Court Palace 7 hrs
- Windsor Castle Tour 4 hrs
- Windsor, Stonehenge & Oxford 11 hrs
- WW2 Airbases Flying Tours 7 and 9 hrs